Thursday, July 17, 2008

adsense update changes default color


Adsense update changes default color



It always shocked me to log into email and found that I had got email from google adsense team. Just like what was happened in this night. I’ve got email from Adsense team with a subject: “Google AdSense Update: Changes to your ads”. I thought I was doing something wrong in my ads and Adsense team warned me.

But it just my thought (thank god), the email just explained how they’ll change the default adsense color, from mother earth color Seaside (formerly known as mother earth) to ‘Open Air’.

Below is the email,

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know about a coming change to the appearance of your Google ads. Your ads currently display the default Google color palette, Seaside (formerly known as Mother Earth). In the near future, we plan to update the default palette to Open Air, a new palette containing the same set of colors, but
without the blue border. We’ve found that many publishers prefer the cleaner look of this palette and have also seen that a blended color palette performs better for them — attracting user interest while still maintaining the distinction between ads and content with the ‘Ads by Google’ label.

Please note that this change will only affect your ad units where your ad code does not specify colors.* For all other units, your color selections will be retained.

You can view the new Open Air palette by taking these steps:

1. Log into your AdSense account at http://www.google.com/adsense
2. Go to the ‘AdSense Setup’ tab.
3. Click the ‘Color Palettes’ link.
4. From the color palettes dropdown, select ‘Open Air’. The example ad will update to show the new palette.

If you’d prefer not to use Open Air, you can change your ad colors by following the steps detailed in our Help Center: http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=9981.
Please keep in mind that if you choose to change your ad colors, you’ll need to generate new ad code using the new colors and replace the code that’s currently on your pages.

If you don’t choose to update your ad code, your ads will begin displaying the Open Air palette within the next 10 days. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

*You can check if your ad code specifies colors by looking for any “color” tags such as “google_color_border” or “google_color_bg” in your HTML. If you find any color tags in the code for an ad unit, this unit will not be affected by the change.

For me, that would be no specific change at all since I never use that set of color or never leave my code intact (i.e. in default code). I always change that set of color to blend well in my pages.

But again, thank god I didn’t do anything wrong

View My Stats